Friday 8 May 2015

Flight to Mexico

After a few days rest and recuperation back home it was time to unpack the small suitcase, repack it with new clothes, and pack that in the larger suitcase with a week's worth of clothing. Our plans would have us travelling light in the second week hence the nested cases.

The departure from Heathrow got off to a bit of a scary start as I thought this kid was about to fall from the upper level of Terminal 5. Turns out I hadn't appreciated there was a glass wall and she had sandwiched herself between that and the rail.

On the outbound leg we had chosen to fly via Madrid. In hindsight I could have spent my interim days in this city mopping up the new coasters in the city. C'est la vie.

The flight was fine and I hardly slept as is often the case on the way out. I watched a bunch of films including Interstellar (weird), Whiplash (superb) and Ex Machina (also weird). I also rewatched Kingsman, which was my favourite film of the flight.

Once we had landed and met up with Thomas who was flying in from Germany we picked up our car and headed straight to the first park.


No comments:

Post a Comment