Friday 8 May 2015

Kulula Airlines

My coaster hobby has me travelling to many countries and experience the service of many different airlines from the amazing "Singapore Airlines" to the rubbish "RyanAir". We were going to visit Cape Town for the day (yes, the day) and our flights this time would come from South Africa's local budget airline, Kulula.

It's fair to say this company has a sense of humour. From the paint job on the exterior.

To the light-hearted, unserious approach to customer safety. 


I think this is the first time I've ever photographed all of the safety card. The humour tickled me.


The humour spreads to the verbal announcement too including quips like.

"In the event of an emergency over water, swimmers should meet under the left wing. Non-swimmers, we hope you enjoyed your flight on Kulula"

"We will dim the lights during take off and landing. If you wish to continue reading or you're scared of the face of the person sat beside you lights are available on the armrest"

"Welcome to Robert Mugabe International Airport"



I guess the approach worked because I listened to every announcement, and read every word of the safety card. 

So Kulula, despite being a budget airline has made it into my favourite airlines list. There are lots of webpages complimenting this airline with examples of other jokes so there are clearly other people out there who enjoy these guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment