Friday 8 May 2015

La Feria Chapultepec Again

We were now back at Chapultepec where we were hoping for a more successful day than the attempt the day before.


They have different pay scales, and the more you pay the more you can ride. The big rides that we're interested in were in the highest bracket of course.

The triple loop was down still but the wooden coaster was open, exactly as the Facebook people had said. This made me very happy!


and we headed to the wooden coaster first. I loved the artwork in the station.


The ride is one of 3 wooden mobius coasters in the world. These are coasters that race side by side but the end of one track become the start of the other i.e. if you leave the station on the left-hand side you'll arrive on the right hand side. Operations were a little odd in that with them only running one train they'd insist on sending people either left or right you wouldn't get a say. So like at Six Flags we had to wait in the queue line letting enough people through until the other side was opened at which point we'd then board.

There's a nice model of the ride at the back of the station platform. Usually fenced off the operators were kind enough to let me through to photograph it.

I think these two were celebrities as they were too well dressed compared to everyone else and they were allowed to remain in the front for loads of goes.

The ride was pretty rough especially at the bottom of drops but did offer some really good airtime at other points in the circuit. It's a noticeably large track and having to ride it twice I'm glad I finally got to ride this.

Some of you might recognise the coaster from this Red Bull sponsored moment of stupidity.




Elsewhere the park looked to be in good condition and rides were being run well.

They have a haunted walkthough but we gave this one a miss, I'm not sure why.


Raton Loco is the park's mouse coaster. This was being run weirdly as they'd load all the cars in the station with passengers before then sending them out. I guess they wanted to avoid putting people into the cars whilst they were still moving along the platform. I doubt this approach is more efficient but with no queue it didn't really matter anyway.

Interesting to note that the city were covering a lot of billboards with these suspension notices. I can only assume they've started to impose a charge on using them or putting them up and not paying results in the advert being covered up.

A nice themed simulator ride, I can only imagine how hot and sweaty it must be in there so unless it's simulating a sauna I don't think the experience would be a good one.


I'm not sure what this is but given the heights of the exits I'll guess it's some sort of cinema experience.

As much as I don't like corporate sponsorship I took a bit of a liking to this I think because of the silly thought that someone somewhere suggested having a 20foot high crisp djing would be a good thing and getting it approved.


Cascabel hadn't gone through too much of a rebranding in getting it's 2.0 name. It's still a great launched coaster, which you'd expect with a Schwarzkopf.

A view from one Schwarzkopf to another. There aren't many parks where you can do that. Well done if you knew the others were Selva Magica, Lagoon in Utah and the closed park in Argentina.


Last time I fell ill in the queue line but I was ok this time around and really enjoyed my front seat ride.

A little kiddy whip

We had lunch here. It wasn't very good looking to have been zapped in a microwave. I wouldn't recommend it.


Here's hoping this ride opens soon. Its future seems to be more certain than the one at San Marco fair.

Under the wooden coaster there's a small aviary including this owl. The operator here wasn't too keen on us taking photos, perhaps he was related to the little security guard from the day before.

and that was Chapultepec. I'm really pleased that I have now ridden everything here. Unfortunately the triple loop means at least one of us needs to come back or wait for it to go somewhere else.

We left the park, and Mexico City to head south to the city of Puebla.


No comments:

Post a Comment