Friday 8 May 2015

Mirador Torre Latino

We had walked past the skyscraper earlier on in the trip vowing to come back later on. So we decided to go and do that.

Some weird mural on the way into the city. Tal had commented that the drive in was very easy and there must have been something going on to make the city so quiet. We had no idea what he was on about.

This was quite sweet, the car contained kids who handed out loads of food and toys to the family begging. Good kids!

Another amazing mural.

This piece was just being finished off and I loved it. This was behind the wrestling arena where we parked our car before catching the metro to the tower. It made sense to collect the tickets too which I did. Like the bullfighting I'd ordered through ticketmaster so brought the paperwork (printed at the hotel) and my ID to the window to collect my them. It was easy and took the heat off worrying about it later.

The tower was touristy and where there's tourists there are inevitably queues. Not that I was watching the clock but I'd much prefer to be at the wrestling on time than stuck up here with this lot :)

The views are pretty cool. This is looking down on the Belle Artes.

Looking East to the Zocalo.

North to a very strange tower. The Torre Insignia is currently the second tallest building in Mexico and it is currently sitting empty.

The Alameda


Downtown

I was worried that the queues were going to keep us here for longer than I'd like so I joined the queue to get back down ahead of the others. We realised that this was the queue to go up again to a second floor. Arse.

But the view from up this high was quite amazing and you could see for miles and how the city has expanded into the surrounding hills.


Back on Terra Firma we saw this union march. We discovered later that today was Labour Day, a holiday for the people here which is why Tal had thought it was so quiet. The marches always take part on this day, I guess because the people are available to do them.

High up observation done. Now to get ringside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment