Friday 8 May 2015

Todo en Uno

Our final day in Cuba saw us driving out of Havana to the resort town of Varadero out to the east. 

We had chosen to go with one of the old American cars but got stiffed on the way out as our driver having agreeing the journey stopped part way into the journey and had us transferred to another driver but wanted half the money for less than half the journey. 


We eventually arrived at the Todo en Uno park. This translates to "everything in one" and really does include a whole bunch of entertainment activities on a single site.


We chose to have dinner here taking advantage of an air-conditioned restaurant where we tucked into a chicken meal. The chickens were big.



There's one rollercoaster here, a galaxi style-ride that offered a really fun ride with nice pops of air and no obvious rough spots. 


Our stay at the park was brief but whilst in Varadero we had to checkout the beaches even though I'm not a beach person.


The beaches were lovely, and if you like beaches I'd recommend this one. It's reportedly 12 miles long and you can the land here is so thin that you can get from the western beach to the eastern one with a 400-metre walk. The sandy one is to the west.

This is quite a cool taxi. Unfortunately not ours.

Our drive back to the hotel was a little eventful. Our driver was stopped by the police for some undisclosed reason and had to pay a fine, and then a mile away from the hotel I almost fell out of the car when my passenger door flew open. Fortunately I had been turning around chatting to the two in the back when it happened so I had my left arm over the seat and I was able to pull myself back in whilst the traffic behind started honking their horns at the open door. Fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment